The deadline for applications is March 15, 2017 by midnight EST.
For high school students entering NC State
The University Honors Program will not accept self-invite requests after March 13, 2017 at 5:00 pm EST. Application deadlines correspond with invite dates. Students will be made aware of their deadline with the invite. The absolute last day the program will take applications for admissions is March 15, 2017 by midnight EST and this final date is dependent upon your invite. All applicants will be notified of their admission status on April 1, 2017. Thanks for your interest in the University Honors Program at NC State University.
Students have to be admitted to NC State to apply to the University Honors Program. Admitted students who meet two of the following criteria will automatically receive an invitation to apply:
- 1350 SAT (Critical reading and math only) or 30 on the ACT Composite
- 4.75 weighted GPA or 3.8 unweighted GPA
- Rank in the top 5% of high school class
***Additional criteria is utilized to encourage diversity and inclusion per the University’s strategic plan. Interested and motivated students who do not meet the criteria for the automatic invite are encouraged to contact the program at email@example.com to obtain the admission application. Students have to be admitted to NC State to request the application and the application has to be requested prior to application request deadline (early/mid March).
Prospective student invitations correspond with the Office of Admissions notification dates. Students are issued a deadline to complete their application based on the invitation date. Students can request an extension by contacting the UHP office. The admission dates for the 2016-2017 academic year are:
- First Deadline/Invitation to Apply:
- October 15, 2016: Application Deadline for NC State University
- End of January 2017: Applicants will be notified of their NC State admission status.
- Mid February 2017: The UHP invite will be sent electronically to admitted students who meet the criteria or self-invited.
- Please note that in order to be considered for the University Honors Program as an incoming freshman you have to complete your application by the October 15, 2016 deadline. Students that are admitted in late March will not be allowed to complete an application for admission to the UHP due to the UHP admission review process.
Each application is reviewed twice by a team of faculty reviewers, professional staff and alumni. Fall 2017 incoming students will be notified of their status on April 1, 2017.
For students currently in their first year at NC State
Invitations to apply for current students will be released in late December/early January after the fall semester grades are recorded and in late May/early June after the spring grades are recorded. Once the invitation is initiated students are given an application deadline. Application extensions are generally not granted. Students are notified of their admissions status within two weeks of the deadline and will be required to attend an orientation session.