Notice for Adventurous UNDERGRADUATE Students!!
…who would be interested in spending this summer pursuing an EXTRAORDINARY, independent academic activity. Sound good to you? Well, you might consider applying for a Fellowship Advising Office Enhancement Grant! Undergraduate students from all backgrounds and majors are encouraged to apply. We particularly invite creative and original proposals. One or more awards of up to $5000 are available for Summer 2015. Possibilities include but are not necessarily limited to funding for:
- Independent research projects (domestic and international).
- Unpaid or minimally paid competitive internships.
- Independent service-learning projects (domestic and international).
- Coursework outside your NC State curriculum that is necessary for you to fulfill your academic and professional career goals (e.g., particular language skills).
Note #1: Although preference will be given to independent projects rather than supporting participation in a pre-existing program, funding for a pre-existing program will be considered ONLY IF the student is planning an independent project OUTSIDE of the structured activities.
Note #2: Projects should be a student’s primary summer activity (8 weeks or more).
- Full-time undergraduate student at the time of application.
- Open to undergraduate students in their first or second year of college (freshmen and sophomores).
- 3.7 or higher GPA.
Note: The Application Deadline is FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2015, by 5pm.
For more information and/or for an application, please contact:
*The Fellowship Advising Office Enhancement Grants have been made possible by a private gift to the University Honors Program.