The following dates and deadlines apply for UHPA student-instructors. It is the responsibility of the student-instructors to follow these deadlines and no reminders will be sent from the UHP.
The proposal semester (two semesters prior to teaching):
- On or before the mid-point of the semester, student-instructors should schedule a meeting with Ms. Veale to discuss their proposal
- Prior to the last day of classes, student-instructors must submit completed, signed versions of the UHPA course contract and HON 298 contract to the UHP main office
The preparatory semester:
- Prior to the tenth day of classes, student-instructors should meet with (a) their faculty mentor to established a timeline and expectations for the directed reading, and (b) Ms. Veale to discuss the syllabus development process
- Within one week following their own registration for courses taken in the teaching semester, student-instructors should email Ms. Veale the following information:
- Official course title, course description (100 words or less), course meeting day/time (13 contact-hours in total)
- A request for any class resources needed (e.g., a moodle site, funds for a field trip, etc…)
- On or before the last day of class, student-instructors should email firstname.lastname@example.org (a) their completed literature review and (b) their completed syllabus
The teaching semester:
- Following the second class meeting, student-instructors should email email@example.com (copying Dwayne Barnes) their course roster
- Following the final class meeting, student-instructors should email firstname.lastname@example.org (copying Dwayne Barnes) their final course roster and final grades (S/U).