Explore the great outdoors
Outdoor explorations (OE) trips are facilitated in partnership with the amazing staff of Wellness and Recreation. These trips are designed to expose students to a variety of environments, activities, and experiences in the outdoors. OE trips are vehicles for discovery, education, reflection, and adventure. Each trip exposes students to a topic or skill set that is enhanced by time in the outdoors.
In the past, OE has facilitated trips to
- Asheville, NC to explore the Biltmore Estate, stand up paddleboard, bike tour, and camp
- Death Valley, the Mojave desert, and Joshua Tree National Park during a spring break road trip
- Hammocks Beach State Park for a weekend of kayaking and camping in the dunes
- The Costa Rican cloud forests to hike, zipline, whitewater raft, and learn about ecology
- The islands of the Bahamas for sailing and tropical ecology
- Acadia National Park for hiking, camping, biking, and tidepooling
- Medoc Mountain State Park for meteor shower camping
Check out photos from some of our recent trips below! And stay tuned to your inbox for details about upcoming trips.